How to update Aadhaar data online?
Aadhaar card is an unique identification number allotted to the residents of India which can be used as name and address proof. It is obvious that changes will have to be done once the Aadhaar card has been made, because nothing stays permanent and looking at the need of such changes by the authorities, they have come up with online facilities of updating the data. This facility will make things easier for the Aadhaar card holder and also approachable too, thus the information in the card shall remain updated because of easy accessibility of updating services.
What all information can be updated using online methods
Following information can be updated;
- Mobile phone number
- Date of birth
For those who are who are not able to submit their update request online because they are not able to access the pincode/town/city etc. they can submit such request through post.Any request for changes except the ones mentioned above cannot be processed using the online portal and the holder of the card has to visit the Aadhaar Enrollment or update center to make such other changes.
Use of Self Service Update Online Portal
The Unique Identification Authority of India, have created an eco-friendly portal for the help of the residents where they can update the information by following three simple steps;
- Log in to the website and punch in your unique 12 digit number.
- Then submit the request for changes and make sure that the supporting self-attested documents are uploaded along with it.
- Then select the BPO service provider and submit the request.
However before entering the portal make sure to keep mobile phone along with you, because the one time password for accessing the portal shall be sent on your mobile, and after this OTP only you will be able to proceed with updating the data.
Instruction of using the portal
- Carry a mobile phone to use the portal.
- Feed in the OTP sent to your phone and then login using the 12 digit number on your card.
- Select the fields which you would like to update.
- Then fill in the details in those field in both English and local language.
- Depending on the fields you have updated, upload the supporting self-attested documents on the portal.
- Then submit the request and also note down the request number which can be used later on to track the changes.
Verification of the information changed
Once the data on your Aadhaar card has been submitted, it goes for verification and validation to the authority who checks if the change in information is correct or not, and if they find that such change is mandatory and correct too, then he may validate the same. And after the validation the change gets reflected on your card which can be downloaded from the website or shall be sent to you by post.
The above steps can be followed to successfully update the information online available on the Aadhaar card.