How to do Aadhaar card corrections online?
Ways of making changes in the Aadhaar card have been made a lot easy with the adoption of online methods, however one can also apply for such changes by way of post.
Following corrections can be made in an Aadhaar card using the online portal;
- Change in name
- Change in gender
- Change in the date of birth
- Change in the address
- Change in the phone number mentioned in the card
However any other change cannot be done using this Self Service portal and one shall have to approach the update center and file in their query with them for any other change along with reason and documents supporting such change.
Procedure to be followed while doing Aadhaar Card correction online
- While submitting any request for correction in Aadhaar card make sure that you have the registered mobile phone number by your side, because the one time password shall be sent on the mobile number and this OTP shall help you log on to the website. However if you haven’t provided any mobile number while making the card, then you will have to provide one now such that OTP can be sent to that number.
- Use this one time password to log on to the website and then punch in the Aadhaar card number and click on log in.
- The next screen appears which contains fields of Aadhaar card, tick the option which you would like to change and then enter the changed details in the box in front of the field. Once you have fed in the details go through them once again to check if you have written the correct details this time.
- Then on the next screen you will asked to feed in the changed details again in the local language, and once it is done click on submit update request. After this you will be re directed to a screen showing the corrected value go through them all to find if they are correct or not and if anything incorrect has been written then click on modify whereas if all looks good then you can click on I confirm and the proceed.
- Following this you shall be asked to upload the self-attested documents supporting the changes done by you. Make sure that the self-attested copies have your name and sign/thumb impressions on itself. The document uploaded cannot be more than 2MB I size and documents in format .jpg, .pdf, .tif, .png, and .jpeg are accepted.
- After all finally click on the submit button and once submitted an update request number shall be generated. This number can be used to keep a track on the status of your correction.
- The submitted request shall be verified by the UIDAI and once verified the changes shall stand reflected on your card. The status change shall then be intimated to you on your registered mobile number by way of a SMS.
These simple steps thus facilitate you to make changes in the details mentioned in your card, and helps you maintain updated information.