Aadhaar card is a unique identity card of Indian citizens, it contains 12-digit unique identity number, based on biometric and demographic data of Indians. All the data collected by (UIDAI) Unique Identification Authority of India. Its authorized by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology of India on January 28, 2009.
Aadhaar card comes under Target Delivery of Financial and other Subsidies, benefits, and services Act, passed on March 11, 2016, in Lok Sabha. The key person behind Aadhaar card is J. Satyanarayana IAS, Chairman of UIDAI & Dr. Ajay Bhushan Pandey, IAS, CEO of UIDAI.
Aadhaar card not replaced any other card or it’s not a proof of citizenship, it’s an identity proof. The Home Ministry clarified that Aadhaar card isn’t the document for Indians traveling to Nepal and Bhutan in June 2017. This card must have by each and every citizen of India, even if its children or adult.
Aadhaar Card Benefits
It helps in various government services like LPG connection, Voter card linking, Driving License, etc and other services such as opening a new bank account or buying a new SIM card. Aadhaar card can be used as an Id proof too for students in any type of examination.
How it looks
• Aadhaar card is like any other card but consist of 12 digit numbers, which never starts from 0 or 1.
• It consists all the information regarding the person like his/her name, Date of Birth, Gender, Address, Phone Number, Guardian name such as Father’s name or Husband’s name & Photo of the person.
• It also contains a Bar code through which can help in any type of threat.
How to Apply for Aadhar Card
• The first step is to get registered under the aadhaar card through online or any enrollment center.
• Fill the enrollment form with all needed information regarding Identity, Phone Number, & Address.
• After filling the form, the next step is to provide biometric data including ten fingerprints impression and two iris scan and photograph.
• Get the acknowledgement slip of the enrollment which consists of fourteen digits enrollment number through which we can check the status of the application from time to time.
• Through online it will be easier just go to E-Aadhaar website, choose enrollment ID, enter all details and after filling go to download procedure.
How to Download Aadhar Card
- Click on Download Aadhaar option.
- Enter your 14 digit ID and all related details they ask.
- Click on Request OTP.
- OTP code message comes on your mobile number, fill the OTP code.
- Click on ‘Validate’ and download option and your aadhaar card will be downloaded online, just then print it out.