Aadhar Card is a mandatory Identification document for every citizen of India. It works as both Identification proof and addresses Proof as well. You can apply for Aadhar card at various Aadhar centers, banks and post offices. After you have applied for your Aadhar Card, you will be given an Acknowledgement Slip, using the details given in the slip one can check the status of their application online as well as offline. There are various ways to check Aadhar Card status. Let’s have a look at these various methods.
Different Ways to check Aadhar Card Status Online
The process has been made hassle free and easy for the general public. To check your status you should have your acknowledgment slip handy in which you will find details like enrolment number, date and time of enrolment. These details will help you navigate the site smoothly. The process is free of any cost. It is advisable to wait 3 months from the time of application of Aadhar card to check the status.
If you want to get your Aadhar card early then you can always get e-Aadhar card which is a copy of original but is equally valid. It is generated within 10-15 days of applying for the Aadhar Card.
The easiest way to check your Aadhar card status is using enrolment details, but there are other ways as well. So let’s see different ways through which one can check Aadhar Card Status online:
Checking Aadhar Card Status using enrolment number
After the application of the Aadhar Card one can easily check their status on UIDAI official website. The steps to know your status are:
- Open UIDAI’s website https://uidai.gov.in/
- Open enrolment section which you will find in Aadhar Online Services.
- Select “Check Aadhaar Status” tab. Another way is to directly go to the link https://resident.uidai.gov.in/check-aadhaar-status.
- Now put in your details like Enrolment Number, date and time at which you enrolled, captcha code and select the “Check Status” icon.
- If your Aadhar card is ready, you will see a message for the same and the page will show you options of downloading the same.
- You can download e-Aadhar by selecting download option. You can also get Aadhar on your mobile phone.
Checking Aadhaar Card status without using Enrolment Number?
If you have forgotten your enrolment number or misplaced the slip, you can always retrieve the information on the website. The steps to know your Aadhar card status without enrolment number are as follows:
- To retrieve the enrolment number visit the link https://goo.gl/hSo8WC
- Now choose UID or EID option so that you can get the details back.
- You will now have to share your full name, mobile number, email id and security code, so that a computer generated OTP could be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Fill in the OTP to complete verification process.
- Now you will receive the details of your enrolment or your Aadhar number on your mobile number or shared mail id.
- Now use this enrolment number to look at the status of your Aadhar Card.
What is the process to check Aadhar card status using name?
When the application process of Aadhar Card is complete, the applicant is given an acknowledgement slip. This slip helps you in keeping the track of your Aadhar card status. If you are applying to update some details in your Aadhar card, you will be given an update request number if the request submission process is successful. This Update Request Number i.e. URN can be used to look for status of the application of Aadhar Card.
Checking Aadhar Card Status using Mobile Number
One can also check the status through their mobile phones. To check it using mobile phone the steps that needs to followed are as follows:
- SMS “UID STATUS <14 digit enrolment number>” to 51969.
- If your Aadhar card is processed, you will receive an SMS on your mobile phone which will contain the Aadhar number.
- If the Aadhar Card is still under process, then a status update will be sent via SMS to the applicant.
Checking Aadhaar Update Status via India Post
When Aadhar card is generated, it is sent to the applicant’s address using the Indian Postal services. It may reach you within 60 to 90 days. To see the update of your Aadhar card via India Post follow these steps:
- Open the official website of India Post.
- Fill in the details of your package, these details you can retrieve from the official website of Aadhar Card.
- You will be able to see the detailed dispatch history and current status of your consignment on the website.
- You can also track by looking up for your Aadhar number at any branch of post office in India.
These are the methods to check Aadhar Card Status online. One can always visit the centre and can get the status of the application directly from the concerned person. You will be asked to provide your biometric details like retina scan, thump scan etc. You should also carry some additional identification documents if you are visiting the centre.