With the new government policies cropping up every now and then, the most frequent question that you hear from people new to adulting is how to link aadhar card to bank account. It has become mandatory to link your identification to your bank accounts which is why this is a know-it-all regarding that particular topic. By the end of this article, you will be an expert on the various ways to go about linking your aadhar to your bank account.
Methods to Link Aadhar Card to Bank Accounts
- Do it the traditional way by visiting the bank – If you are someone who has time to go to the bank, especially if it is the home branch for your account, you can go to the bank and link your Aadhar account without any hassle. You will be allowed access to a form which is known as the Aadhar Linking Form. All you have to do is fill in the details carefully which include your Aadhar number and your account details. Make sure that you have a self-attested copy of your identification. Submit the form with the photocopy attached in the bank counter wherein you may be asked to produce your original Aadhar card for confirmation. After submitting the form, it will take the bank two days to process your application and once your card has been linked, you will get to know through an SMS in the phone number which your Aadhar card has been registered with.
- Make things easier with Internet Banking – Things will get far easier if you have Net Banking enabled in your credit or debit card. Log in to your profile from the official website of your bank to start to link aadhar card to bank account. The My Account section of your profile should have an “Update Aadhar with Bank Account” subcategory. Click on that option when you will be asked to give input of your profile password. A page will open up next where you have to type in your Aadhar card number twice after which you can submit your entry. Once you are done with it, you will receive a message when your bank has accepted your request and linked your bank account with your Aadhar.
- Tap away on the mobile app – If you are one of those people who have accounts in banks which have introduced mobile apps for easy access, you can also go through that medium to link aadhar card to bank account. Log in to your account by opening the mobile application and go to the Services Tab. There you will see a My Account section under which you will get an option known as the “View/Update Aadhar Card Details”. Once you click that option, all you have to do is enter your Aadhar card number twice and boom, your aadhar card will be linked. On completion of the process, you will receive a message in the phone number registered to your Aadhar card.
- Visit your nearest ATM centre to easily connect your aadhar – You go in to withdraw cash frequently from ATMs so why not link your aadhar card during one such occasion? Swipe your ATM card and go to the registrations option after clicking on the Services option. Next, you have to click on the Aadhar registration after which the dialogue box to give input of your Aadhar number twice will appear. Click okay when you are done. You will receive a notification in your phone when the link aadhar card to bank account process is done.
- Send an SMS only to finish the process – This process differs from bank to bank and it could also be that your bank does not allow this option for connecting your aadhar to your account. Therefore, do your research carefully before you venture down this road. Follow the required format of the message and send it to the phone number as mentioned by your bank. Once your seeding request has been accepted, your bank will confer with the government UIDAI for verification and only then will your linking be finished.
- Give a missed call and get the job done – Again this process will be dependent on whether your bank allows you to go through with the process to link aadhar card to bank account through a call. When you research or inquire with your bank’s customer service, they will provide you with a number to where you can give a missed call. The bank will call you back and you will be guided through the entire process through an intricate IVR system. All you have to do is enter your Aadhar number and confirm it. Once the process is done, you will get a confirmation in the phone registered to your Aadhar card.
Once you are done with linking your Aadhar card, you may want to check if it has been truly linked. Listed below are some methods that can serve as confirmation that the process to link aadhar card to bank account is successful.
- Visit the source of it all – The UIDAI website is open to all who want to confirm the linking status between your bank account and your aadhar card. This process, however, will not be applicable if you have multiple mappings of bank accounts to your aadhar card. The official website of UIDAI will have an option “Check Aadhar and Bank Account Linking Status” under the tab of “Aadhar Services”. You simply have to put in your Aadhar card number and a security code wherein you will receive a One Time Password in your registered phone number. Once you have submitted the OTP, you will be displayed with the status of your linking.
- Multiple bank accounts linking – In case you have many accounts linked to your Aadhar, you can go ahead and verify the status from the banks itself. There is no other option than that since you have different bank accounts, all linked to that one unique identification of yours.