How to Download E Aadhaar Card in Easy Steps
Are you frustrated in visiting the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre again and again to get your Aadhaar Card which you have already applied 2-3 months ago? Well, to address such issues UIDAI has launched an innovative solution for all applicants through which they can easily get their Aadhaar Card online and the name of the service is e-Aadhaar.
E-Aadhaar is an online portal from where applicants, whose biometric and demographic information is completed, can easily download the digital copy of their E-Aadhaar Card and E-Aadhaar Letter, once their Aadhaar Number is generated. After receiving lot of complaints about pending applications, UIDAI had finally announced in the beginning of 2013 to launch this online service for the convenience of the applicants. Now, applicants can easily download their E-Aadhaar Card online from the confines of their house and take printout of the card for further references.
To get the E-Aadhaar Card online applicants need to have three essential details with them:
- Enrolment Number with Date & Time
- Full Name of the Applicant
- Area Pin Code
The Easy steps to Download E-Aadhaar Card Online
- Visit the E-Aadhaar Portal and enter the required details in the respective fields, including the enrolment number with date & time, full name, pin code and mobile number. After entering the details applicants need to type the captcha image which is in case sensitive and click the Submit button.
- Once the applicants click the Submit button, then they will receive One Time Password in the registered mobile number through SMS. Enter the received OTP in the respective field and click the Submit Button.
- If the details provided are correct, then applicants will see the option of “Download your E-Aadhaar Card” on the screen. They need to click this option and a link will be provided.
- The applicants need to click the link and they will be re-directed to the PDF format of their e-Aadhaar Card which is downloadable. But, to open the PDF file applicants need to enter a password which is their area pin code. Once they enter the pin code as password, the PDF format of e-Aadhaar Card will open which they can download and even take printout of it.
The interesting part of this e-Aadhaar portal is that it enables the applicants to download their e-Aadhaar Card anytime and as many time as they want, but they need to have all three details handy with them before proceeding with the process. The e-Aadhaar Card is equivalent to original Aadhaar Card, therefore the printout of E-Aadhaar Card will serve as address and ID proof of the applicants till the time they receive the original Aadhaar Card by post. People who have lost their Aadhaar Card may also follow the same steps to get their e-Aadhaar Card online till the time they reapply for the same and receive the original copy from UIDAI. This will save both their time and energy which they need to invest while applying again for duplicate copy of their Aadhaar Card.